Joining Cornish Farm Holidays
Cornish Farm Holidays is a non-profit co-operative run by its members, to generate accommodation bookings for its members. If you are interested in joining, please read through this information, which we hope will outline our activities.
By joining Cornish Farm Holidays, you join a group of like-minded individuals, who are keen to share ideas and knowledge. Often when running an independent tourism business it's difficult to keep in touch with the way tourism is changing, how people book and what guests' expectations are. Cornish Farm Holidays offer an effective way both to gain bookings, and to keep up to date with current trends in a friendly and relaxed manner.
What are the objectives of Cornish Farm Holidays?
- To provide our visitors with a wide range of high quality farm accommodation.
- That no commission will be taken from the member.
- To promote our members' businesses by sharing the costs of advertising. The current advertising budget is approximately £12,000.
- To continually improve our web presence through our own website www.cornishfarmholidays.co.uk
- To hold training days on legislation, social media, trends in tourism.
- To offer friendship and support.
What do I get by becoming a member?
- Advertising and promoting high quality farm holidays across the country primarily using web marketing, Google Adwords campaigns and social media post and adverts.
- Entry onto the Cornish Farm Holiday website www.cornishfarmholidays.co.uk, with 50,000 sessions a year viewing almost a quarter of a million pages, and 17,000 clickthroughs to members' pages. That's almost one clickthrough per member for every day of the year.
- The site is user friendly and there is always help at the end of the phone. Your entry will include: a detailed description, contact details, a link to your website, a photo gallery, and online availability.
- Members are able to securely login at any time to update their accommodation details, photographs and availability.
- There is the opportunity to receive referrals from other members.
- Cornish Farm Holidays offer training days, which have covered anything from getting more bookings and using social media, to fire safety and making delicious breakfasts.
How do you become a member?
- The self catering units or bed and breakfast rooms must be located in Cornwall
- All applicants must be inspected by Visit England (www.visitengland.com) the AA (www.theaa.com) or Quality in Cornwall (www.qualityincornwall.com)
- Cornish Farm Holidays are looking for properties equivalent to 4 stars or above (the criteria for this grading can be downloaded from the Visit England or AA sites)
- New applicants will be considered for membership, subject to a visit by two members. The visit is an informal chance to find out what Cornish Farm Holidays can do for you, and whether the property meets the group standards.
- All new members are required to have a link from the Cornish Farm Holiday website to their own website.
Membership Fees2018 Membership Fees (Due 1st December 2017) are:
- New member assessment visit: Free
- Each Self Catering unit or B&B bedroom £95. You only pay for up to 4 units or rooms after that any further units or rooms are free.
- Farm Stay UK SW Region Subscription: £10
The acceptance of new members is at the discretion of the Cornish Farm Holiday Committee.
An application form follows which can be sent to:
Mrs Clare Freeth, Penhallow Farm, Ruan High Lanes TR2 5LR
Tel 01872 501987 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org