Self catering near
Email: Click here to send a message
Polean Farm is located down green lanes off the Looe to Polperro road, just outside the village of Pelynt. The farm is set amongst rolling farmland and is less than 2 miles from a safe sandy beach . The coastline from Looe to St Austell has been designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, providing stunning views and fantastic coastal walks. The 18th century former barns have been converted into spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated cottages (each with their own unique character) set around a pretty courtyard.
All cottages are certified to Visit Britain 4star standard , plus we are proud to have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor for our consistently excellent reviews (these are awarded to just the top 10% of self catering properties). Click here to read some of our great reviews on Trip Advisor.
Children will enjoy the playground and indoor playroom, along with the toy tractors that they can ride around the new tractor area. They will also love helping feed the animals with the legendary farmer Keith each weekday morning and will look forward to the pony or tractor rides after the animal feeds. Click Here to see the Families and Toddlers page.
Couples can enjoy a free luxury hamper upon arrival (plus other special offers – see below) and can look forward to visiting the many great local pubs and restaurants , the amazing countryside and coastal walks or just relaxing in front of a warm log fire.
Guests with dogs are offered a days free dog sitting while they visit local attractions like the Eden Project, plus there are many dog friendly beaches, pubs and cafes in the area (not to mention some fantastic walks through the countryside or along the coastal path).
Polean Farm is a working livery yard with over twenty horses. Guests are welcome to wander around the farm and livery yard and the fields to see the horses and our other animals.
- Safe and fun for families with teenagers and children of all ages
- Cosy and full of character for couples
- Great for dog owners
- Fantastic for a group getaway
- Set in the beautiful and peaceful countryside between Looe and Polperro
- The perfect location to enjoy the countryside or beach or visit many local attractions
- Only afew minutes drive from safe sandy beaches and from the very quaint fishing village of Polperro, the Seaside town and fishing port of Looe and from the smart yachting town of Fowey
Superb facilities include
- Friendly farm animals, with animal feeding with farmer Keith each weekday morning
- Pony rides (for children up to 15) and tractor rides (for children of all ages - up to 90 ! click here to see the video)
- Bottle Feeding of the lambs (March to June)
- Child and toddler friendly games room – with lots of toys, plus pool and table football
- An outdoor tractor riding area, with toy tractors, trailers and diggers
- Outdoor play ground with swings, slides and a massive trampoline, plus Little Tikes slides etc. for toddlers
- Football area with goal posts
- Acres of space for kite flying , or just running around (guests are welcome to explore all parts of the farm)
- Barbecues available for all cottages
- Safe and fun for the children and adults
- Staff always on hand to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible (and provide advise on beaches and places to visit etc.)
- The cottages are all converted 18th century barns. Each one is different, with its own features and lots of character
- Large TVs and DVD players in all cottages
- Log burners in the five largest cottages – with free logs during your stay
- Online food deliveries are welcome
- Cots, high chairs, stair gates and plastic plates and bowls etc are provided in every cottage and bed guards are also available
Discount for 2nd week : Stay with us for 2 weeks and get a 10% discount off your 2nd week
Late Availability Discount: If your stay with us is less than 4 weeks away when you book, then we will give you a 10% discount off the published prices
For Couples: Couples who stay with us for a week, at any time outside the school holidays will receive a free luxury hamper upon arrival (containing wine, chocolates, scones, jam and cream and plenty of other Cornish produce). Also, if couples want a bit more space in their cottage, then we will offer them a 10% discount if they book a 2 bedroom cottage or 15% discount if they book a 3 bedroom cottage
For Dog Owners: We have three dog friendly dog cottages and can offer a days free dog sitting if required for anyone booking a short break or full weeks stay
Dog Training Holidays: Working with a Kennel Club approved Trainer the farm offers special dog training weeks, for all breeds and abilities of dog. Why not have fun with your dog while on holiday. Click here for more details.
Easter Egg Hunt: Stay with us over Easter Sunday and the children can join us on the free Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday Morning (not too early)
Polean Farm is open for short breaks, or full week stays all year round. Please see our web site for more details and pictures. Click Here for our web site.