Joining Cornish Farm Holidays
Cornish Farm Holidays, is a non-profit co-operative run by its members, to generate accommodation bookings for its members. If you are interested in joining, please read through this information, which we hope will outline our activities.
By joining Cornish Farm Holidays, you join a group of like- minded individuals, who are keen to share ideas and knowledge. Often when running an independent tourism business it's difficult to keep in touch with the way tourism is changing, how people book and what guest's expectations are. Cornish Farm Holidays offer both an effective way to gain bookings, and keep up to date with current trends in a friendly and relaxed manner.
What are the objectives of Cornish Farm Holidays?
- To provide our visitors with a wide range of high quality farm accommodation.
- That no commission will be taken from the member.
- To promote our member's businesses by sharing the costs of advertising. The current advertising budget is approximately £12,000.
- To continually improve our web presence through our own website www.cornishfarmholidays.co.uk
- To hold training days on legislation, social media, trends in tourism.
- To offer friendship and support.
What do I get by becoming a member?
- Entry onto the Cornish Farm Holiday website www.cornishfarmholidays.co.uk In 2016 we had 67,500 hits on the website and this has been increasing year on year. The site is user friendly and there is always help at the end of the phone. Your entry will include: a detailed description, contact details, a link to your website, a photo gallery, and online availability.
- Members are able to securely login at any time to update their accommodation details, photographs and availability.
- There is the opportunity to receive referrals from other members.
- Cornish Farm Holidays offer training days, which have covered anything from social media, to fire safety, to making delicious breakfasts.
- Advertising and promoting high quality farm holidays across the country using magazines, website marketing and ad words.
How do you become a member?
- Each property must be located on a farm in Cornwall, which has a holding number.
- All applicants must be inspected by one of the following: Visit England www.visitengland.com www.qualityintourism.com the AA www.theaa.com accommodation scheme (01256 492595) or Quality in Cornwall www.qualityincornwall.com
- Cornish Farm Holidays are looking for properties equivalent to 4 stars or above (the criteria for this grading can be downloaded from the Visit England or AA sites)
- All new members are required to have a link from the Cornish Farm Holiday website to their own website.
- New applicants will be considered for membership, subject to a visit by two members. The visit is an informal chance to find out what Cornish Farm Holidays can do for you, and whether the property meets the group standards.
- Cornish Farm holiday members find that they do well in terms of referrals and additional bookings from the first year of membership.
2017 Membership Fees (Due 1st December 2016)
New member assessment visit: Free
Each Self Catering unit or B&B bedroom £95. You only pay for up to 4 units or rooms after that any further units or rooms are free.
Farm Stay UK SW Region Subscription: £5
The acceptance of new members is at the discretion of the Cornish Farm Holiday Committee.
An application form follows which can be sent to:
Mrs. Tania Berrett, Mennabroom Farm, Bodmin Moor, Bodmin, Cornwall PL30 4HE
01208 821272 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Cornish Farmer, operating quality Bed & Breakfast or Self Catering accommodation, and you would like to talk to us about becoming a member of Cornish Farm Holidays, please complete the form below.